https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/meatballs.jpg 939 960 Carla Lett https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/mybump2babyheader-300x79.png Carla Lett2017-08-09 12:05:042017-11-22 16:18:04Healthy Beef Feta Cheese Meatballs on a bed of Salad
My husband and son absolutely love meatballs; I find them a little boring at times so I decided to add a bit of healthy cheese type sauce to make them a bit more interesting. The results were 2 very happy boys and plenty left over for me to freeze for George’s dinners.
Ingredients (Serves four)·
Half a pack/full pack rocket, watercress or spinach leaves (Aldi)
2 red pepper (Aldi)
2 red onions diced (Aldi)
1 courgette (Aldi)
600 grams of Beef Meatballs (Aldi)
2 x tinned tomatoes (Aldi)
Parsley leaves (Aldi)
Chilli flakes (optional extra)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Coconut oil (Aldi)
50g Greek Style Cheese Aldi
Dice the onions, deseed and dice the peppers, dice the courgette
· Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium/high heat
· Add the onions, peppers and courgette and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until you they begin to soften
· Increase to maximum heat and roll the meatballs in to the frying pan (I enjoyed this part)
· Fry them until they are browned
· Pour in the cans of chopped tomatoes and bring to boil, reduce the heat to simmer for around 8-10 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked through.
· Remove pan from heat and crumble over the feta and parsley
· Place on bed of salad leaves of your choice.