https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Meatballs-feta.jpg 960 960 Carla Lett https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/mybump2babyheader-300x79.png Carla Lett2017-06-30 14:03:222018-09-12 14:00:35Beef Feta Cheese Meatballs on a bed of Salad Leaves
My husband and son absolutely love meatballs; I find them a little boring at times so I decided to add a bit of healthy cheese type sauce to make them a bit more interesting. The results were 2 very happy boys and plenty left over for me to freeze for George’s dinners. This receipe is great if you are aiming for a low carb meal.
Ingredients (Serves four)
- 50g Greek style cheese (Aldi)
- Half a pack/full pack rocket, watercress or spinach leaves (Aldi)
- 2 red pepper (Aldi)
- 2 red onions diced (Aldi)
- 1 courgette (Aldi)
- 600 grams of Beef Meatballs (Aldi)
- 2 x tinned tomatoes (Aldi)
- Parsley leaves (Aldi)
- Chilli flakes (optional extra)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Coconut oil (Aldi)
- Dice the onions, deseed and dice the peppers, dice the courgette
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium/high heat
- Add the onions, peppers and courgette and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until you they begin to soften
- Increase to maximum heat and roll the meatballs in to the frying pan (I enjoyed this part)
- Fry them until they are browned
- Pour in the cans of chopped tomatoes and bring to boil, reduce the heat to simmer for around 8-10 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat and crumble over the feta and parsley
- Place on bed of salad leaves of your choice.