Get a consultation
About Brighton and Hove Law – Family Law Solicitors
Brighton and Hove Law is a well-established niche family law firm. The firm has an excellent reputation and has been listed in “Chambers and Partners” for nine consecutive years. Chambers are an independent organisation that identifies and ranks the most outstanding lawyers and firms. We specialise in all aspects of family law including children matters, divorce and separation, and financial matters including financial provision for children. We recognise that sometimes parents cannot agree about the arrangements for children/baby etc and we can help to navigate this. We provide strong clear legal advice and the firm is well known for excelling in traditional court proceedings. We also excel in out of court resolution through our mediation and collaborative practice.
Brighton and Hove Law have a legal aid contract and have specialist lawyers who can assist people when social services are involved with their family which can be a stressful and worrying time. Our solicitors are able to advise comprehensively both before and after a baby is born. We will liaise with Social Services and prepare and present the case to provide the best chance of families staying together. We have a dedicated child care team consisting of four lawyers who specialise in this area, two of which are solicitor advocates who can represent parents and grandparents in court within care proceedings.
The firm has a client focused proactive approach that is excellent value for money and clients deal directly with their lawyer at all times. Brighton and Hove Law put emphasis on providing a personal empathic service, really caring about clients and the results achieved for them. We are there at crisis times for example to assist people in removal of children cases and our flexible innovative approach means we can deal with matters quickly and efficiently.
We have built up our reputation and practice representing international clients having acted for clients in children and financial matters in Canada, Australia, Bulgaria, Egypt, Germany, USA and Spain.
We are based in the Poets Corner area in Hove and pride ourselves on the ability to represent clients to the highest standard both from the local area and further afield. Brighton & Hove Law is professionally recognised as delivering a top flight service that rivals many of the London firms at far more competitive rates. We have excellent relationships with barrister chambers and other professionals so can provide comprehensive advice and representation on all issues.
We can provide the following services:
- A free 30-minute telephone appointment offering basic family advice. We cannot advise on documentation/court papers during these consultations; or
- A fixed fee 45-minute telephone legal consultation at £175 plus VAT – advice is more detailed and can be tailored to your specific situation. Information sheets pertaining to your circumstances will be provided to you by email following this meeting. The fixed fee must be paid in advance and ID will be required prior to the appointment – you will also be asked prior to the consultation to provide some basic background information to the solicitor you are meeting. Liaising with third parties is not included within the fixed fee consultation unless you choose to instruct the firm further. Please note due to the nature of these meetings we have no ongoing obligation to you after the meeting. If you instruct the firm to undertake further work following this consultation and your instruction is accepted, the £175 will be credited to your account and deducted from your next invoice.
- You can of course instruct the firm straight away if you have been specifically recommended to the firm and you now wish to proceed, received court papers and wish us to represent you, or received an MBA letter from social services/local authority.
Areas we cover include:
- Family Mediation
- Divorce Law and/or Financial Issues
- Private law children
- Public law children
- Social services involvement with families
- Representation of grandparents
- Prenuptial agreements
- Collaborative Law
- Judicial Separation
- Civil Partnerships
- Domestic Violence
Please note that due to the current corona crisis this firm continues to operate but is not able to provide face-to-face appointments. We are undertaking all consultations by telephone or can organise Microsoft Team and Zoom online meetings.
- Divorce & Separation
- Children Issues
- Pre/post Nups
- Domestic Violence
- Child Abduction
- Grandparents Rights