Get a consultation
Family Law Advice from Experienced Solicitors
Our experienced team of family law solicitors can advise you on all aspects of your relationship, including a relationship breakdown, divorce or even a new relationship. We pride ourselves on providing clear, comprehensive and commercial legal advice from the outset.
Samantha Hickman, Partner and head of our Family Law team, has over 20 years’ experience dealing with a wide variety of divorce and family law matters both in and out of court. She is also a qualified mediator so is able to facilitate discussions and assist with resolving a range of family disputes by reaching acceptable outcomes for all involved.
How Can We Help You?
Our family law solicitors can assist you in all aspects of family related legal issues, including:
- Divorce and separation – If you’re dealing with something as distressing and personal as the breakdown of your relationship, it’s essential you get the right kind of divorce advice and legal support. Our divorce solicitors have considerable experience in dealing with divorce and can guide you through the whole legal process.
- Financial advice following relationship breakdown – Financial settlements can be complex with family businesses, pension funds and foreign assets increasingly forming part of the ‘matrimonial pot’. We specialise in resolving complex financial disputes and will work with you to ensure that you understand your entitlement and are left able to provide for your future.
- Cohabitation agreements and advice for unmarried families – Unmarried couples do not have the same rights as married couples. A cohabitation agreement can formalise the financial arrangements between an unmarried couple. If there is a relationship breakdown, our team is experienced in resolving family disputes and, in the majority of cases are able to provide you with an indication of the likely outcome early on.
- Buying or selling a house – We understand that with all the emotional upheaval and extra work involved in moving house, the last thing you need is unnecessary paperwork, confusing legal vocabulary, or delays from your conveyancing solicitor. Our specialist solicitors offer quality, straightforward advice and exceptional service to make your move as smooth as possible.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – Marriage or civil partnership is not only an emotional union, it’s a financial one and if the worst happens you’ll want to be prepared. We assist with prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and can advise as to how best to effect this in a way which is fair, clear and dignified for both parties.
- Child arrangements – Unfortunately, sometimes following a relationship breakdown, disputes can arise regarding the children. The children’s welfare will be your primary concern and we will work hard to help you agree arrangements with the other parent where possible. We can also advise you in relation to court proceedings concerning children.
- Child maintenance matters – Following a relationship breakdown, one parent may be required to pay child maintenance to the other in respect of their children. We can advise on how much child maintenance should be paid and can assist if a dispute arises in relation child maintenance.
- Domestic abuse – Our experienced and understanding experts are committed to helping the victims of domestic abuse. We will fully explain the immediate steps you can take to protect yourself and any children. Longer term, we can give you the support you need to move on. We can also support those who have had allegations of domestic abuse made against them.
- International family law – Often British people marry, live,, work or own property abroad. Similarly, people from abroad work and live here in the UK. If you are experiencing issues in your relationship and live, work or have business interests or property abroad, our family lawyers are specialists in international family law and will be able to advise you and help protect your assets.
- Writing a Will – Wills are at the centre of any succession plan and a badly drafted Will can lead to costly and drawn out disputes. Our large and experienced team of Will writing solicitors comprehensively consider all of your personal circumstances before advising you on the most tax-efficient structure to protect against the impact of inheritance tax.
What Others Say
“You provided outstanding advice, were always reassuring, patient and honest, and you guided with calm but firm advice.”
“I cannot express how grateful I am for all that you did for me during that awful time. For your expertise, but also for your patience and the way you always strove to calm things not exacerbate them putting the needs of the children first.”
“You dealt with my complex divorce with compassion and honesty. When it felt like my world was crashing in around me, you were there as my constant expert, giving sensible and reasonable counsel.”
Get In Touch
For specialist legal advice on any family law issue, please contact us on 0117 925 2020, or [email protected]
- Divorce & Separation
- Children Issues
- Pre/post Nups
- Domestic Violence
- Grandparents Rights