Get a consultation
DFA Law have been advising clients in Northamptonshire, and across the region, for over 180 years. Today the firm is a blend of modern and traditional: a progressive, dynamic law firm which adheres to the old fashioned principles of professional integrity and personal service.
Our highly experienced family department are able to cover all areas of family law with specialisms in each area. The team is led by Rachel Adams, a highly regarded solicitor with great experience of dealing with all aspects of family law. Rachel has been included in legal directories Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for a number of years, with the 2019 edition of Chambers and Partners quoting: ‘She is a first-class solicitor. She is tenacious in pursuit of her client’s case but is also compassionate and understanding of her client’s needs.’
Paula is an Associate and deals with all aspects of family law, including separation, divorce, finances and child related matters, but has a particular interest in the law relating to unmarried couples. She is known for her practical, no nonsense approach but feels it is important to take time to listen to her clients and work with them to provide the best outcome possible
Kelly has a particular interest in private law children matters, and having practised solely in family law, she is known for her pragmatic but sensitive approach. Kelly is focused on the client’s needs and will strive to ensure the best outcome for them. Kelly undertakes her own advocacy.
Our family law team are all members of Resolution, an organisation committed to a constructive and non-confrontational approach to family law.
Some of the services we provide:
- Divorce – A divorce is the legal process of ending a marriage (including for same sex couples). A dissolution ends a civil partnership. A divorce/dissolution gives the court power to make financial orders, regardless of gender and puts same sex couples, in many respects, in the same position as any other married couple.(with some exceptions).A couple must have been married or civil partners for a year before they can start proceedings.
- Financial matters upon both divorce and separation – Often, when a marriage or civil partnership breaks down, one of the most difficult things to deal with is how the assets of the marriage or partnership are going to be divided.
- Cohabitation agreements – More and more people are deciding to enter into a committed “living together” relationship as an alternative to marriage. However, unmarried couples do not have the same protection or legal rights as married couples.
- Pre and post nuptial agreements – A Pre-Nuptial Agreement, often called a Pre-Nup, is an agreement entered into before marriage, which clearly sets out how assets will be split if the marriage breaks down.
- Children – When a relationship breaks down, often one of the hardest things to agree upon are the arrangements for the children. Where are the children going to live and when should they spend time with each of their parents?
- Domestic abuse matters
DFA Law are located on the outskirts of Northampton town centre providing easy access to all areas of Northampton and surrounding villages However, we regularly assist clients in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Leicestershire and Cambridgeshire and have the facilities to meet either at our offices or via video conference – whatever is best for you, we will try and accommodate it.
No matter what your legal issue we are confident that our professional but friendly team can provide you with good sound legal advice and support at a the time you need it most.
Please call us on 01604 60 95 60 or mail here to arrange a no obligation initial chat.
- Divorce & Separation
- Children Issues
- Pre/post Nups
- Domestic Violence
- Grandparents Rights
Whilst divorce procedure is not complicated, there are a number of things that can go wrong. Our experienced divorce lawyers can help you to navigate the legal maze of divorce, from start to finish.
We are able to fix the costs of applying for your divorce so that you are able to budget and plan accordingly.
Fixed Fee Initial Interview
Fixed Fee Initial Interview