Get a consultation
When you need someone to talk to about family matters, Crombie Wilkinson family law experts can offer guidance and assistance through difficult times.
Our legal team have a vast knowledge and specialist experience in family law, including representing children and parents in Local Authority Childcare proceedings. We encourage a non-confrontational approach to resolving problems whilst at the same time offering the firmness needed to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. We understand the impact family disputes can have on you and your loved ones so, where possible, we strive to minimise the potential of costly and stressful court proceedings. Several members of our family law team are members of Resolution and have experience in helping clients with Alternative Dispute Resolution methods such as Collaborative Law.
We are also Law Society accredited in Family Law, Family Law Advanced, Children Law and Family Mediation for our expertise.
From our office in Pickering, we provide specialist family law legal advice to individuals across North Yorkshire and Ryedale. Our office is located right in the heart of Pickering, making it easily accessible from the surrounding villages to Pickering including Kirkbymoorside, Keldholme, Sinnington, Marton, Normanby, Wrelton, Aislaby, Middleton, Newbridge, Thornton-le-Dale, Wilton, Kirby Misperton, Allerston through to West and East Ayton.
Our family law solicitor in Pickering can advise you and your family on a range of legal matters, including:
- Separation and divorce – going through a separation or divorce is never easy, particularly when children are involved. We will work with all parties concerned to ensure a less stressful approach to handling this often delicate situation.
- Financial settlements – if you’re looking for a financial settlement our family law solicitors can help. We work with you to achieve the outcome you’re looking for, offering a friendly, listening ear at all times.
- Property rights – where there is property involved, be it one house or a vast property portfolio, our family team have successfully handled many property disputes between families. Often a particularly stressful situation due to the monetary value in question, we can ensure that your property dispute is resolved in a professional and non-confrontational way.
- Arrangements for children including Child Arrangement Orders – when a couple separates or divorces, it is often necessary to apply for a child arrangement order which dictates where the child is to live and with whom they are to have contact with. These rules help to ensure the couple that is separating have a clear and concise understanding of their child’s arrangements, both presently and in the future.
- Family Mediation – Your Family First is our family mediation service offering an alternative means to a solution when communication has broken down. We have mediation experts who can offer a constructive way to reach an agreement for both parties involved.
- Cohabitation agreements – when two people live together but they are not married, our family law team can issue a cohabitation agreement to provide legal reassurance and support when the couple in question do not have the same legal rights of a married couple.
- Pre-nuptial agreements – this is a contract drawn up between a couple before they actually get married. If you are considering having a pre-nuptial agreement drawn up, make sure you get the right advice for you and your circumstances before signing any documentation.
- Domestic violence – abuse can take many forms; physical, emotional, financial or sexual and all are equally distressing. It can affect you whatever your class, age, sex or background. Many sufferers do not know who to turn to for help but remember that whether you decide to stay with your partner or leave there is help at hand. Talk to a member of our trained team if you want to take action against domestic abuse. We are here to support you whatever your wishes and decisions.
Family Mediation services in Pickering, Ryedale
Mediation is an increasingly popular way of resolving disputes out of court, helping you to avoid costly fees. It can be used for family law matters, as well as other types of personal dispute.
Our team in Pickering can use mediation to help find solutions for:
- Divorce and separation
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes
- Pre-nuptial agreements
Divorce law advice in Pickering
Divorce and separation proceedings can take their toll financially and emotionally, but our family law team provide sensitive, practical advice during this difficult time to help achieve the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
Our divorce law services include:
- Initiating and responding to divorce proceedings
- Making financial arrangements and settlements
- Arrangements for children
At Crombie Wilkinson, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality legal support, along with a personal level of customer service. We view our relationships with our clients as partnerships before anything else. We want to work alongside you, so we can get to know you as an individual as well as your legal needs.
For fast, effective legal advice for you or your business in Pickering, North Yorkshire, please get in touch now by calling 01751 472121 or emailing [email protected].
Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors are a leading law firm in North Yorkshire, with branches in Pickering, Malton, York and Selby. We are one of the NFU Legal Panel Firm members for the North East region providing specialist agricultural law services to the farming and rural community. The firm has been listed in The Legal 500 2020 Edition – United Kingdom, Private Client, Agricultural & Estates. We have been accredited to the Law Society’s “Conveyancing Quality Scheme” (CQS); a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing practices. We have been awarded Best Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year North East & Yorkshire at the 2019 LFS Conveyancing national Awards acknowledging our high-quality conveyancing service for clients.
At Crombie Wilkinson we care about our clients; now and for their future.
When you become a client of Crombie Wilkinson, we enrol you into our Client Club, which offers many benefits including our Service Pledge.
Our Client Club gives you the peace of mind that we are committed to looking after you and your family. By taking the time to understand your personal circumstances, we will work hard to ensure your affairs are in order to prevent possible problems and mitigate risks which may come up in later life.
We call this part of the Client Club service our ‘Platform’. Our promise is to make sure all our clients are on our Platform, benefiting from proactive engagement with us so we can provide you with the ongoing care and assistance we pride ourselves on delivering.
Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors Service Pledge
We will work together as a team to deliver an excellent client experience for you.
To achieve this we will:
- listen and care about you and your circumstances
- treat you politely, considerately and with respect
- work with you as a team so you come to know and trust us
- update you regularly using plain language
- work hard to avoid delays
- contact you should unforeseen events happen
- ensure there are no surprises on costs
- take on board your feedback so we can continuously improve our service
- Divorce & Separation
- Children Issues
- Pre/post Nups
- Domestic Violence
- Grandparents Rights