Frightening statistics show that currently only 1 out of 10 parents would have the skills and the confidence to help their own child in a medical emergency.
BabyNatal, in partnership with ABC Life Support, want to change those statistics with friendly, easy to access and relevant first aid training.
Our First Aid courses and teachers are fully accredited by the Association of First Aiders, the UK’s largest association supporting over 2,000 first aiders, first aid trainers and first aid training providers.
What you will learn:
• Incident Management – How to plan for and deal with a first aid emergency.
• Primary Survey – How to know when something is life threatening
• Unconsciousness – How to place an infant in the recovery position
• CPR – How to deliver rescue breaths and cardio pulmonary resus on an infant who is not breathing
• Choking – what to do when an infant chokes.
• Meningitis and temp control including febrile convulsions (fitting) – how to recognise the signs of meningitis and fitting and how to treat a high temperature.
• Burns – 90% of all hospital admissions involving young children are due to accidents with hot drinks. You will teach the basics of how to treat a burn / scald.
• Bumps to the head – signs to look for in a serious head injury vs a mino
Our workshops are infant specific & practical and give parents the skills to know the difference between normal everyday complaints and real life-threatening situations.
You will leave our workshop with the confidence of knowing how to help your child in a first aid emergency until medical attention can be reached.
1) Private Workshop:
Only £15 per person – for groups of 6-12 people
£60 for a couple or 1:1 workshop
Ideal for antenatal groups or families. Why not invite grandparents/relatives/other carers along?
Workshop run in the comfort of your own home. You choose the time and date and I bring everything to you!
Workshops last 2hrs and are currently available evenings, weekends & various times during the weekday – you chose the time that suits you.
2) Group Workshop:
Held in 3 venues in Leeds area:
Mothercare, Crown Point – 5.30-7.30pm on Wednesdays
Farsley Library – Saturday or Sundays every other month 10-12 or 1-3pm
Otley: Children’s Centre & Bethel Church Hall (please email for dates & times)
For more info about BabyNatal please see:
Babies are welcome to come along too!