I am a HypnoBirthing practitioner trained with the Marie Mongan Institute of HypnoBirthing. I teach private classes in the comfort of your home or from my studio in Lewes.
As a yoga teacher and pregnancy yoga teacher, the disciplines of yoga and meditation that I’ve practiced for 15 years inform my teaching of HypnoBirthing, as there is a similar emphasis on training ourselves to come into deep states of relaxation, stay in the present moment in birth, surrendering to the experience and moving away from fear.
I’m particularly interested in the mind’s effect on the ‘robot’ body and how we can train our own mind to perceive the world in a way which is truthful yet beneficial to us, moving away from self sabotaging thought patterns. I am also pregnant myself at present (Nov ’15 – August ’16)
What is Hypno Birthing?
Hypnobirthing is a complete birth education programme that helps you to experience birth in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear and tension that prevents the birthing muscles of your body from functioning as Nature intended them to.
The programme uses tried and tested breathing techniques, visualisations, self-hypnosis and affirmations alongside scientific knowledge to support you in your birth. It doesn’t require any particular belief system, or prior experience and you’ll always be aware of what is happening to you and around you, yet you’ll train your mind to feel deeply relaxed. These techniques are hugely beneficial in life outside pregnancy too, both for the mum to be and the birth companion.
What you’ll learn
– How the uterus works and how fear affects labour and the uterine muscles.
– The history of women and birthing to understand where fear can originate from.
– The role of the birth companion.
– Breathing, self-hypnosis exercises and massage to relax deeply and overcome fear.
– The stages of birth, how the body functions and how to work with it.
– You’ll learn how to release the fears and anxieties you may currently have about giving birth.
– Optimal birthing positions.
– How to reduce the need for medication during birth.
– How to manage the sensations of labour without drugs.
– How to be medically informed and be able to confidently discuss your options with medical staff to potentially avoid intervention.
– Be calm and relaxed in labour.
– The importance of bonding with your baby and ways this can be encouraged during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Who’s HypnoBirthing suitable for?
HypnoBirthing® is suitable for first time mums and mums who’ve had children before.
It has been designed to help women prepare themselves for a calmer, more natural birth experience and is particularly helpful if you are worried about birth because it’s new to you, or are anxious because of a difficult experience last time.
It’s suitable for couples or birth companions (a friend, doula, parent) who want to be involved in helping prepare for the birthing experience and be actively involved.
– The HypnoBirthing course consists of five classes of 2.5 hours each.
– The ideal time to start the course is between the 25th and 30th week of pregnancy, however the course is beneficial at any time, and refresher sessions are available closer to birth if needed.
What’s included in the course?
– The original HypnoBirthing book by Marie Mongan
– The tracks of the Rainbow Relaxation and the Affirmations (for home practice)
– Course handouts + folder
Private Course ( 5 x 2.5 hour session) = £325 from my studio in Lewes.
Sessions at your home = £325 + Fee to cover travel.
A 50% deposit is required to book.
Pre Birth Sessions (from 34 weeks) = £70 per 2.5 hour session
To book: Email me at [email protected]