We are the UK’s leading charity for parents, for your First 1,000 Days – right through your pregnancy, birth and beyond. We’ll give you accurate, impartial information through our website and our much-loved courses and classes. We’ll bring you together with other new parents in your community, to make vital and lasting friendships. We offer antenatal classes across various locations in Bristol.
The NCT has more than 60 years of experience in supporting new mums and dads, you can rely on our range of courses to support you through pregnancy, birth and your new life as a parent. Although our courses are famously friendly and relaxed, we still take your support seriously. We give you the independent, evidence-based information you need to help you make the best decisions for you and your family.
All NCT courses are led by specially trained and experienced practitioners who understand what matters to new mums and dads. Plus, every NCT course gives you the opportunity to meet other parents in your area.
We offer NCT Signature antenatal courses and NCT Essentials antenatal courses.
With a relaxed and friendly style, every NCT Signature antenatal course is as individual as you are. That’s because every course is tailored to the needs of the small group taking part.
• NCT Signature courses are longer than NCT Essentials courses, and have a focus on the arrival of your baby
• Preparing for labour and birth, including caesarean, make up around two thirds of this course
• Around one third of this course focuses on life as a parent, so you will come away clearer about what is right for you and your new family
• Plenty of time to explore all your questions, hopes and anxieties in a safe and supportive space.
Led by specialists, an NCT Essentials antenatal course will answer all your questions and get you ready for the big day, and beyond.
• These courses are the shorter of our two types of antenatal course, and run over 12 hours in total
• Preparing for labour and birth makes up around one third of this course
• Around two thirds of this course focuses on life as a parent, so you will come away clearer about what is right for you and your new family.
Both of our courses also include a postnatal reunion, with the rest of your NCT group and an NCT Practitioner.
Concessions and discounts available for parents in receipt of benefits or on lower incomes.