Come explore what might be best for your new baby… and for you by attending one of our NCT Early Days courses.
Getting to grips with the early months of motherhood can be quite a challenge – both practically and emotionally. But don’t worry, NCT Early Days courses will give you the knowledge and confidence to tackle the doubt all new mums struggle with to some extent. Some mums want to get to grips with crying or sleep. Some want to debrief on their birth experience. And some just want a bit of guilt-free me time to talk about how they’re doing.
You might not feel like it now, but our experience tells us you will come through. You’ll make a great parent – doing it your way. In your group, you’ll discuss practical skills in coping with your new baby. Importantly, the course will help give you the confidence to parent your baby in the way that is right for you and your family.
And after the weekly get-togethers with the same group of new mums, you’ll also come through with a new group of friends.
Each course is unique as they are designed to meet the specific needs of the group. But you can expect to cover:
• The chance to talk about birth experience
• Information around safe sleeping
• Managing and calming crying
• Understanding a baby’s needs and how they communicate
• Practical feeding covering breast, bottle and combination
• Child development
• The impact of a baby on relationships
• Sex after childbirth
• Returning to work
• The expectations of the role of mother/wife/partner
• Managing relationships with family and friends
We currently hold these courses in Groby.