https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/new-year.jpeg 300 500 Carla Lett https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Logo-1-300x81.png Carla Lett2017-01-01 20:52:582017-01-01 21:12:59My Goals for 2017
So here I am on the 1st January 2017 putting a pen to paper… (literally) as I write in my new empty journal… I can’t help but feel a little excited about my future for 2017. I have finally found something that I absolutely love doing… a hobby I have been seeking for a number of years… and the whole time the hobby I was searching for was right in front of me… In my diaries that I had kept writing in over the years… My blogs are my diary and there is nothing I won’t share with you about motherhood, how great it is and how shit it can be too.
I am currently writing this blogpost extremely hungover… I have a banging headache and the shakes at present and my son George (we call him Heavy G) is screaming his head off in his Jumperoo and as for my husband… well he is soundly asleep … I’m a tad jealous and part of me wants to set the fire alarm off … but hey… its ok… I have a little bit of time to get my thoughts for 2017 down whilst I can.
So as many of you know I only started my website and blogging in November… it is all very new to me but I absolutely love it and the feedback I have had has been unreal, so thank you for that.
My website also has a baby and toddler directory , so that fellow mummy’s and daddy’s can find classes, groups and events in their local area, it is a great resource for parents, I already have over 3,000 listings and I must admit I am pretty smug about it.
So now… My blog goals for 2017 are;
- Reach 5k followers/likes on Twitter and Facebook
- Attend Blog Fest
- Find out what the hell linkies are…. (HELPPPP)
- Help fellow bloggers out as much as I can.
Now for my personal goals…
- Knock the wine on the head… not completely but less wine… ohhhhh dear god… a lottttt less wine… yessss I know what you are thinking… she’s hungover… and yes I do often quit drinking on a Sunday but I actually mean it this time… I am ending the relationship from today having a hangover with a baby is torturous
- I want to get better with housework or should I say I NEEEDDDDD to get better at housework… when people come round, well it’s just damn right messy, I can’t even blame Heavy G as he isn’t even mobile yet… My poor darling husband… he has been wearing the same shirt twice a week just so I don’t have to iron as much…That’s love.
- I need a structure in my life, when I’m blogging I feel guilty for not playing with Heavy G, when I’m playing with Heavy G I feel guilty for neglecting the housework and when I do the housework, I feel guilty about not concentrating on my blog. See my dilemma? See why I now drink wine?
- More family time, days out, walks out… not necessarily spending any money, a few months ago we went for a lovely walk at Beacon Fell… It was amazing I loved it. It was hard pushing a pram through the leaves and gravel and I didn’t realise that when my friends had been…they took a sling and not a pram… (you would have thought they would have said) but hey ho, I will take a sling next time… that’s if my son will fit in it, he is a big lad now… hence the name “Heavy G” he was only 4lb12oz when he was born so I’m over the moon that he is a big lad who loves his food.
- I also want to lose some weight, eat healthy and get back to the gym, so I am planning that tomorrow… orrrr better still Monday … shit is tomorrow Monday????
- I want to focus on me… lately I always seem to get one of two comments when I see people…either “ohhh are you not well?” or “You look soooo tired, did you not sleep well?” I feel like saying… No this is me… this is how I really look… I really did used to make more of an effort on myself but lately I have totally neglected myself (not completely, I still shave my bits and under my arm pits) I mean…. I haven’t tanned in months, my toe nail varnish is chipped, I’m currently missing a false nail… WHATS HAPPENED TO ME??? The truth is, I have completely fallen out of love with myself, I hate how I look at the moment and I really haven’t looked after myself at all… half using face wipes before bed instead of my old regime and I swear to god I all of a sudden look about 15 years older… It really hit me the other day… when this guy was in the shop and he said to his friend “Let that old woman go first…”I turned round to see who he meant and no one was there… WHAT THEEEEE F*CK.. did he mean me?
- Finally, quality time with my new husband, we have only been together two years and everything seemed to happen so fast with us, moved in, engaged, marriage and a child…. I have to say… I am absolutely head over heels in love with the guy but lately it seems that every time the grandparents have Heavy G for a night, our nights always involve drinks and chatting to friends… whereas we still have an awful lot of dating to do… I want to do geeky things like go to shows, go on tours and just spend quality time together.
So that’s pretty much it really…. I have a lot of planning to do for 2017 (probably should have been done earlier but… who makes the rules anyway?). I just want to thank ALL of my followers for all their support and I really hope you look forward to reading about my journey through 2017.
Lots of love, Carla XoXo