https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/say-goodbye-to-birth-control.jpg 1125 1688 Carla Lett https://www.mybump2baby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/mybump2babyheader-300x79.png Carla Lett2016-09-26 20:07:572018-07-10 12:43:43Say Goodbye to Birth Control
So… you are coming off your birth control? I had been on the contraceptive pill for 12 years and I was worried to find out who I really was. Did the pill make me less of a psychopath or did the pill make me more of a psychopath? I had been on it that long I wasn’t sure how it would go and if my fiancé would still want to marry me once he met the real me.
Luckily when I came off the pill I found that I was a lot more chilled out and although my periods lasted about a week instead of the usual 3 days, I was an all-round happier person … so the wedding still went ahead…. Thank god.
Now I am back on the pill I have my psychopathic tendencies and split personality back…. Oh I missed her.
What to expect when coming off your birth control?
- Mood swings are a possibility. Many women do complain about moodiness after quitting birth control whereas a lot of women feel a lot less moody when coming off the pill. Either way there is a chance of a change so… warn your partner.
- You may find your boobs get sore. The reason for this is stopping birth control means that ovulation is beginning to take place again which means that your boobs are ready to begin the process of making milk if need be.
- Cramps in your left or right side of your tummy half way through your menstrual cycle indicate that you are ovulating. These aren’t usually too painful but enough to notice them.
- If you had heavy periods before they may come back as heavy as they once were before. The reason for this is because most forms of birth control suppress ovulation therefore when you stop taking birth control, ovulation resumes just as it did before.
- Your sex drive is through the roof. When you go on to the pill you are physiologically aware that you can have sex anytime you like however birth control leads to a dramatic drop in testosterone which leads to a reduced libido.
- It could be bad news for ladies that previously suffered with acne, there is a chance you will experience breakouts again as your levels of hormones will change.
- Expect irregular periods. Some ladies go on to birth control to regulate their periods. When you come off of birth control, you could experience erratic periods, an unpredictable amount of days each cycle lasts, and unexplained spotting between periods.
Remember that as soon as you stop taking birth control you could get pregnant.