Carla’s Honest Review on The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterliser
People used to tell me how difficult and time consuming sterilising bottles could be, then a friend of mine introduced me to her Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterliser. I was fascinated and after seeing it work and I decided that this was the sterliser for me.
The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterliser has a stylish look with an oval shape which means it takes up less space on your kitchen side but it still has enough space inside to hold 6 closer to nature bottles, teats and domes, which fit in to the purpose-built slots perfectly
So How Does It Work?
The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterliser is very quick and extremely easy to use. All you need to do is add 80ml of water to the bottom of the steriliser (there is an 80ml line marked on Tommee Tippee bottles) you then close the lid and then push the button on the front. The button glows orange when the steriliser is switched on and goes off automatically when the cycle is finished five minutes later. You must allow an additional 3 minutes cooling time before lifting the lid. The bottles then stay sterile for a full 24 hours as long as the lid remains closed – so you could turn it on before bed, and have clean bottles at the ready in the morning.
What I Love About It
- The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Sterliser is BPA free which means that you do not have anything to worry about in terms of cleaning the bottles safely and easily.
- Being a new mummy is very tiring and I found it a huge advantage that the use of the machine is not only a quick process but that the machine also turns itself off.
- When removing bottles from the machine the lid can be removed and used as a tray to keep the items sterile, which I personally found very useful.
- The steriliser is really simple to take apart and clean afterwards.
- The steriliser comes in a range of different colours to suit your kitchen.
What to Keep an Eye On
- It is easy to use this machine when you are in a hurry but you must remember that the machine takes 5 minutes to run its cycle and an additional 3 minutes for the machine to cool. The bottles and teats can be extremely hot if taken out before.
- The ideal bottles for this steriliser are those with a wide-neck design. Of course the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles fit perfectly but Philips AVENT bottles also fit this machine very well too.
- Tommee Tippee advises to descale your machine every four weeks, using a descaler specifically designed for electric sterilisers
Carla’s Final Verdict
It is so easy to get side tracked as a new mummy or daddy and the fact that this sterliser is not only quick but it turns itself off is a massive positive. The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam Steriliser holds up to six bottles and is smartly designed. It is best suited to parents using wide necked bottles.
To find more reviews on the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature and to find the best price click here