Moving from milk feeds to solid foods is an exciting journey for your baby. Find out how we can help you on the way. These two-hour workshops are for a parent or carer to attend with their baby ahead of when they make the transition from milk to solid foods. They will help you get off to a good start, and being longer than your local NHS sessions, there’s more time to ask questions.
The workshop is suitable for both breastfed and bottle-fed babies and with a friendly and qualified NCT Practitioner you’ll explore:
* How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is getting ready for solid food.
* Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding. What are the pros and cons.
* Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family’s diet and cultural influences.
* What foods to avoid.
* How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
* Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet; how to recognise allergies; what to do if your baby starts choking; where to go for more information.
These sessions are held every couple of months in Oxford. Sessions also run in Abingdon, Bicester and Wantage.
Contact me to find out more