I love making this cheesecake recipe, it is really easy to make. I often end up eating the malteasers as I am making it so if you are anything like me it could be a good idea to open them at the end.
- 200 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 500 g full-fat cream cheese
- 100 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 50 g butter, melted
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the broken biscuits and Demerara sugar.
- Then add in the melted butter and mix well.
- Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 20cm cake tin lined with silicon paper. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator until it has set.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk and beat together the cream cheese, the icing sugar and vanilla pod seeds or vanilla extract until it is well mixed.
- Pour in the double cream, mixing well as it is pouring.
- Spoon the cream mix smoothly over the chilled biscuit base.
- Smooth the top of the cheesecake with a palette knife or metal spoon.
- Add Malteasers to suit
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set.
- Once ready remove from the cake tin and cut into slices