You cannot deny that an apple crumble dessert always goes down a treat, especially in the winter months. It certainly does in our household. I absolutely love this recipe.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 900g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 75g caster sugar
- 175g butter
- 225g plain flour
- 100g demerara sugar
- 175g large oats
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the flour, butter and sugar in the food processor and pulse until the butter is thoroughly mixed in.
- Add in the large oats and blend again.
- Place the apple slices, caster sugar and cinnamon into a large ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the crumble over the apple mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and the apples are tender.
I love my apple crumble dessert served with cold custard or ice cream (sometimes I have both)